It’s finally here, the pilot episode of Gilmore Girls Soundtrack! Featuring all the music from the pilot of Gilmore Girls. Enjoy:
The Gilmore Girls Soundtrack theme music was provided by Scott Holmes. A big, big thanks to Scott for sharing his great talent.
Order your own copy of the cd Our Little Corner of the World: Music from Gilmore Girls on Amazon.
Mothers Day gift ideas for Gilmore Girls Fans
Check out a round-up of my favorite Gilmore-themed gifts for moms and daughters alike, including the amazing Window Shop Gal’s vintage tourism posters for Stars Hollow.
Gilmore Girls: Complete Soundtrack, including (most of) the songs from this episode:
Songs that are in this podcast (or appear in the first episode of Gilmore Girls) that don’t appear on this playlist:
- “The Real Slim Shady” by Eminem
- “Ballet Waltz” by Herman Beeftink (This song is what accompanies Miss Patty’s dance class)
- “My Little Corner of the World” (cover) by Kit Pongetti (Both the Anita Bryant version and the Yo La Tengo versions are included on the Spotify playlist)
Spinning in Stars Hollow
This week, I feature 7 songs including:
- “Alright” by Supergrass
- “Save Me” by Aimee Mann
- “By Your Side” by Sade
- “Try” by Michael Penn
- “Stolen Car” by Beth Orton
- “That Ol’ Black Magic” by Keely Smith & Louis Prima
- “It’s Been a Long, Long Time” by Keely Smith
Please, if you like what you hear, support these artists: buy their music!
As promised, here’s the 1997 music video for “Try” by Michael Penn, directed by Paul Thomas Anderson in a single take:
See you next time!